Product packaging is not only a vital part of any organization but also a factor that manufacturers should never overlook. Thanks to their sealing ability, impulse heat sealers have become an irreplaceable part of any packaging process.
But due to the complexities related to the functioning of these sealers, many people avoid using them and end up having their material all messed-up. If you’re new to the business of shippers or packers and don’t know about their working then you’re in for a treat as we’re going to explain it to you in the most convenient way.
But before beginning, let’s understand the meaning of a heat sealer briefly. So let’s dive right in.
What is a Heat sealer?
A heat sealer, more commonly known as a bag sealer, is a device used to seal various types of products, packaging, and other thermoplastic materials with the help of heat. This machine is used to seal a huge variety of products or materials to suit several projects and applications. It is done to make the product tamper-proof, airtight, hygienically enclosed, and waterproof.
How to use a Heat Sealer?
- Set the timer:
- The first thing that you need to do when using your heat sealer is to plug in the power cord. After plugging in, set your timing dial to about 2 1/2. This timing is considered a good starting point.
- You can adjust the timer to the lowest setting if you want to seal and cut. Cut and seal is where you remove any excess plastic from the bag compared to simply sealing the bag and leaving the flap above the seal.
- Place the opening side of your bag on the sealer:
- Now that your sealer is all set, you can start filling the bag. Once you're done with inserting the contents, place the open end of the bag on your sealing pad.
- Make sure to wait until the indicator light of your heat sealer is off. You can wait a few seconds more, just so that the seal is made properly.
- Bring your sealing arm down:
- If your only objective is sealing then bring the sealing arm down on the bag and sealing pad. Don't press the arm hard.
- Make sure to keep the sealing arm down until the red light turns off. For better sealing, avoid lifting the arm even after 2-4 seconds.
- Cut and seal:
- If you plan on cutting the excess plastic after your seal is made, you can use your right hand to tear away the bag you sealed.
- Elevate the seal arm:
- The process of sealing the bag completes just after you take the sealing arm away from the bag. The cut and seal bag that you wished for will not have any bagged material above the seal.
Bag sealing requires precision and any flaw in adjustment can lead to an unaligned cut. Therefore, you’ll need a sealer that will enhance the accuracy of the process. Tigerpak’s Adjustable Poly Bag Impulse Heat Sealer is perfect for fine sealing purposes and is highly used in shipping departments, warehouses, jewelry, and retail stores.
It employs an impulse of electricity that heats a metal wire which in turn melts one layer of plastic to the other. This durable sealer adjusts easily for thicker bags and costs pennies a day to operate.
How does a Heat Sealer work?
- The sealing process begins once your sealer arm is closed. This enables a microswitch that sends electrical current to the end connector posts. The sealing wire is then heated by the end posts. To indicate that the sealing process has begun, a sealing light is triggered by the microswitch.
- The sealing wire starts to get heated at a fast rate which melts the material being used. This is the most important part of the process because here, an airtight condition is created due to the pressure produced by the sealing bar.
- Once the mending of the two sides is done, you'll see the seal light turn off which indicates the completion of the seal. If your film is placed in a round wire sealer, the excess length will cut out, giving you a fine line after the seal is complete. In case you used a flat wire sealer, you'll get a thicker, wider seal and the excess material will not be cut.
- This ends the process and you'll get your finished product at the very end. To know that your sealer did the right sealing, you should note that the product has a smooth, straight seal line with no wrinkles.
Benefits of Heat Sealers
The process is quite easy and quick. For a perfectly airtight bag, you just need to put the ends of the sealing bag under the sealing bar and press it down for a few seconds. Moreover, there is no warm-up time needed as the bar gets heated up instantly.
While working with an impulse sealer, you’ll experience very little electricity consumption as they do not drain power constantly and only goats down electricity during sealing.
- Makes it easier to transport products:
If you’re using liquids like oils or sauces, it becomes extremely important for you to seal, or else the fluid would spill out. This is the best advantage of having your bag sealed. Heat sealers make sure to provide an airtight condition to anything inside the package. They make it easier to transport packages at a much lower risk of spillage.
- Consumer satisfaction:
Heat sealing packages are safe to consume or use as the product sealed inside can’t be contaminated in the mid-way of transportation. In addition to providing safety, it also ensures that the consumer gets the quantity mentioned on the package.
Best Place to buy one
No matter for what purpose you’re using it, a sealer will always be the best method to ensure your packaging secures the items or materials. At Tigerpak, you’ll find everything you’ll need for your packaging and mailing requirements. Browse sturdy impulse heat sealers for bags from our inventory and order right now!
If you’ve any product related queries, feel free to contact us. We’d be happy to help you.
Thanks for reading!